Sunday, January 23, 2011

Best seat in the house



Some of you mommy veterans are going to laugh when you read this post... because you're going to think I'm nuts. But just let me go with my dreams for now :)

Why would they laugh?? Well most people say potty training boys is really hard and takes a long time. Most don't get it down until after 3. But we're giving it a go with IG now, because he's showing interest and I don't want to miss this window.

Lately, IG has started identifying whether he went 'poop' or not and goes in the little space between the couch and the wall when he is going #2. Sometimes he goes into his room and brings out his wipes to signal to me that it's time to change him. I think a lot of this is thanks to using cloth diapers, IG knows when he's wet/dirty because the cloth doesn't pull away the moisture like disposables do. Who knows what the reason is, but he is into it so for the past couple of weeks we've been sitting on his little potty once a day for about ten minutes with his pants off and read, sing songs, and just hang out. He LOVES his potty. Any time A or I use the bathroom, he likes to come in and sit on his potty just like mommy and daddy.



He has yet to actual GO in the potty, but for now we're applauding his attempts at sitting there and being still for 10 minutes, which is an amazing feat anyway. When he actually GOES into the potty, I am going to have a party! Even if I could just get him to poop in there, I would love life. I love using cloth diapers and everything that it stands for and helps environmentally, but I do have to admit that swishing poopy diapers in a toilet is not a fun time. We got this sprayer thing that is supposed to hook to your tank and (like a sink sprayer) hose off the goods for you... but we never hooked it up.

So wish us luck - I don't know if this will work but if we can capture his interest and encourage him to go in the potty now, I would be so happy!!

(Okay stop laughing...)

1 comment:

  1. Go IG!!! I can lend you Speed Racer to help inspire IG even more!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete