Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Little Bit About This Blog

I've gotten a few side questions about what exactly I'm going to be writing about - good question! Overall I think this will be about living in NYC, but not exactly like a NYer. I've found since living in the city that it is uncommon for people to do things like bake, can tomatoes, sew, or even be a mom under age 30. People are shocked when I bring homemade items to work or when I pull out my hand-knitted laptop case in Starbucks. I will be writing about all of those types of crafty and yummy things while sharing the backdrop of the city.

For example, today was a super lazy day for our family. We spent most of the day in our pajamas, with no plans. That is a very rare weekend for us and I really enjoyed spending the day with my boys with no distractions except for a trip to Staples, Michaels and Target this morning. With IG (what I'll be calling our little guy here, as this is what he calls himself)in bed now, A and I are watching football. However, in the background, we can hear the bass beats from a huge Bar Mitzvah going on at Yankee Stadium. The score boards read: Mazel Tov Matthew! It sounds like he is having a good time. It's just an unique aspect to our Bronx life.



I never imagined living in the city when I grew up, I pictured people here too harsh for me. But here we are, and I love it. Slowly our friends are talking about picking up and leaving and I know that is in our future too, but for now, I am trying to do my best to make the most of what living here has to offer.

1 comment: