Monday, January 10, 2011

Daily Dilema

Okay so I took a couple of days off, am busy getting ready for our trip to the Adirondacks this weekend. Lucky you will get TWO posts tonight since I had prepared the one below on Monday and never put it up!

Daily Dilema:
To take the stroller? Or take the pack? That is the question. Each day when IG and I venture out, I go back and forth on the best mode of transportation for him.

Stroller pros:

-Easy to push
-Can put groceries underneath

Stroller cons:

-Heavy on subway stairs
-Takes up tons of room in the store and on the trains and in friends' apartments

Pack pros:

-Easiest to get around
-I can put him in carts in stores, which he LOVES.
-He can go on my front or back, depending on our moods
-Cozy naps

Pack cons:
-IG is getting heavy!

Probably 90% of the time, I use the pack. Especially when going to places where I will have to go up and down subway stairs. It's so much easier to have him on my body than drag a stroller up steps. We are lucky because our subway stop has an elevator but most of them do not so if I know the place we're heading to has one, I'll take the stroller. On Monday, however, I took the stroller to a non-elevator stop.

We went down to a friend's on 95th Street and I knew I'd go to the Whole Foods right there and didn't want to carry IG, the diaper bag, lunch for us AND groceries. Instead, I decided to take the stroller. After a fun play date with our friends, we went shopping for groceries and lunch. With a heavy stroller (and eyelids, IG was pooped!), we hit the road. However, instead of carrying a 20lb toddler, a 15lb stroller, plus bags down the subway stairs, I decided to walk 40 blocks to an elevator at Columbus Circle! It was actually a great ending to a nice afternoon, IG got to nap and I got some exercise AND a Shack Shack shake (oh come on, you think I'd pass that up when I was walking two miles out of my way?) I think we might make that a new ritual, it gives me a reason to get groceries and exercise at the same time!



1 comment: