Friday, January 28, 2011

Pancakes, anyone?

This morning we had pancakes! This is usually a special occasion or weekend treat (or lazy dinner) at our home but I was inspired by really yummy blueberries and our cool pancake molds that we got from Aunt E at Christmas. While I often make pancakes from scratch (it is just as quick as Bisquick - recipe below), this time I used a mix we received over the holidays by Bob's Red Mill.



I added a 1/2 cup of blueberries to the Red Mill mix and poured them into our airplane and pick-up truck molds. They tasted delicious! IG was very confused why I had to cut up the airplane, but he ate a ton of pancakes and loved them. See our cool mold photos below!

Recipe for whole wheat pancakes from scratch (NOT the ones we made today):
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup milk




No comments:

Post a Comment