Sunday, January 9, 2011



Tonight I finished working on mock-ups of wedding invitations that I am doing for two of our closest friends. I am not going to share the invitation designs here yet, I feel like its bad luck until they get sent to the wedding guests. But I do want to share a fun re-purposing sewing story! Since I had my sewing machine out for details on the invitations, I finally was able to do some projects that were hanging around. One such project that got added to the list today was taking two of A's old hole-filled t-shirts and combining them to be one cool shirt. At first I thought it was going to look ridiculous but in the end, I think he had a great idea and it turned out really cool looking. The one shirt had weird holes across the chest, so we cut a piece off the other shirt that had holes almost everywhere (A tends to wear his clothes into the ground) and placed a rectangle on top of the holes. It's not the fanciest sew job, but A will wear it all the time and we got to reduce, reuse, recycle!

1 comment:

  1. Is that the exact same shirt?? I love the look -- it looks intentionally crafty! I wonder if you can do that with socks or the armpits of shirts... those seem to be the things that Will wears through first :)

    ReplyDelete